Friday, July 30, 2010

Baby feeding

I only held a baby twice in my life before I had my own and never changed a nappy (diaper). That's how much of a new mother I was when my baby Girl was born just before I turned 31.
So many new things to learn that I never realized before. Like that feeding a baby normally takes about an hour ( the time depends on the baby). Before I had Lena I thought she would drink for about ten minutes and be done for another few hours. It was such a shock when I was told it could take up to an hour.  When  I was breast feeding she would fall a sleep after 30 minutes and would have a nap for about twenty minutes before she would continue. after six weeks of breast feeding I changed started with bottle feeds and she then being a bit older was able to keep drinking and not fall a sleep. But still between changing the nappy(diaper), drinking and winding her it takes about an hour.I am curious to know how long the meal time will be for solid foods. I will let you know when I find out in about 2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment